21 Jan Smoked Pork Loin Recipe By Jeff Welsh
566g of any marinade flavor of your choosing
1/2 cup garlic powder
1/4 cup onion powder
1/3 cup Italian herb seasoning
Any type of smoking wood that could last for 14 hours
4.5kg pork loin roast (changes based on pork loin size.)
1. Cut the 4.5kg pork loin in half and cut 2 slits in the meat length ways to
create grooves nearly all the way through. (This will make for a better
surface for each piece you cut.
2. In a large container, put your two 2.2kg pork loins 340g of your
marinade and half of the seasonings in and mix together. Let it sit over
night to soak in the flavor.
3. Start your smoker about 30 min- an hour to get the smoke going.
4. Remove your pork loin from your container and with a meat injector add
the rest of the marinade into the meat itself. (Will help with keeping the
pork loin stay moist and have great flavor.) Add the remaining
seasonings and brush on top.
5. Let it smoke for about 10 hours. (The longer the better the flavor)
6. Remove from the smoker and place it in the oven on 250 for roughly an
hour. Check temperature to be sure it is fully cooked.
7. Let it cool for about 15 minutes. Cut and serve.